Friday, September 3, 2010

Appreciation

Hi friends,

Today's challenge was to write a note telling a friend why you appreciate them.  Then I was suppose to give this note to them.  Appreciation is a lost art form these days.  It's easy to find someone complaining or demanding something from someone.  Like when you are in a restaurant and the service is lacking or when you're waiting in a line a mile long to check out in a store.  The easiest thing to do in those situations is to complain.  The hardest thing...finding something to appreciate someone for.  In a world full of negativity and put downs sometimes the most refreshing, life-giving thing is to appreciate someone...even if it is just for being them.  

So I thought a few minutes about who I would write a note for...then it was obvious.  I needed to write an appreciation note to my best friend...my wife Janna.  I appreciate her so much and I'm sure I don't say it enough.  So I wrote down some ways I appreciate her, ripped out the page and gave it to her.

This challenge made me think about who I appreciate and how often I really say it in a note, or in words or in actions.  Who could you appreciate today?

Till Tommorrow...Tom

1 comment:

  1. Tom, I totally get it. When I was a counselor at a residential treatment facility for drug addicts, we used to have many group discussions about this. I still maintain that the easiest small talk with a stranger starts with a complaint.

    ReplyDelete