Thursday, September 16, 2010

Large Box

Hi friends,

Today's challenge to live out my faith was to find a large box and fill it with valuable things that I no longer use.  Then give them away to a person in need.  At first I was trying to figure out what I would put in the box.  Then I decided that I have a lot of clothes that I no longer use.  So...I went to my closet and started going through all my clothes that I don't wear much or at all.  I found some shirts, a suit, a pair of dock shoes, a couple hats and some other clothes.  I gave a KC Chiefs had to my mom.  I gave some of the clothes to my dad who wanted them.  I put the rest of the clothes in a box so I can give them to the Salvation Army or someone who needs them tomorrow. 

Here's my box...

What a great way to be a blessing to others.  As I was going through my clothes, it really reminded me how much the Lord has blessed me with.  This challenge really helped me be a blessing to someone else...in a super tangible way.  Sometimes it's the little ways we are a blessing that God uses in big ways! 

What are you no longer using that you could give to someone who needs it?  Today you could do something small to be a blessing to someone else in a big way.  May the Lord bless you to be a blessing to someone today!

Till Tomorrow...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment