Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who does good in your community?



Hi friends,
Today's challenge to live out my faith was to talk to someone who does good in my community.  Then ask I was suppose to ask them, "why they do what they do."  So I widened my definition of "community" to include the US, particularly the pacific northwest where, Ted, a good friend of mine lives.  

Ted works at a school that teaches kids in English, Spanish and Russian.  Here is his answer to why he does what he does:

"...ok so I consider my job good for the community. i do it because there is a real need for people to just spend time with kids, helping with basic english skills and math, but also social skills and life lessons... I think that God has called us to serve not just through our involvement in church but in everything, and I think that comes through in my work at school too."

Wow!  I was really moved by his answer.  My prayer is that all Christians would see everything they do as service to God, not just at church, but everywhere they find themselves.  How challenging to us as we go to school, our jobs and live in our neighborhoods.  What if everyday we asked God to empower us to do good in the communities we are a part of?  I wonder how many amazing God things would happen?

Till Tomorrow...Tom. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks again tom! it was good to connect with you, and I'm enjoying following your blog here!

    ReplyDelete