Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Learn about Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hi friends,

Today's challenge was to learn about the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. and think about my dreams for the world.  Martin Luther King, Jr. was an amazing Christian who led a nation-wide civil rights movement with non-violence.  King was not afraid to speak the truth in love and inspire people to love one another no matter the color of their skin.

I listened to parts of his speeches on You Tube and read a little bit about his biography on the internet.  He spoke with a humble authority that captivated the hearts of his hearers.  I learned he even moved into a poor neighborhood as an adult just to identify with the poor.  I can't imagine this sacrifice since King was part of the middle class. 

Sometimes I wonder if I would be so bold to share God's word to people about the injustices in the world...even if it meant persecution.  King's message ultimately led to his assassination by those who would like to snuff out the word of truth.

Here are some questions for you from the Credo challenge today.  How can you inspire and bring others together with your words and actions?  What is your dream for the world?  It would be great to hear your response to these questions in a comment. 

Jesus taught us to pray, "Father...your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven..."  My dream for the world would be to see God's kingdom values shine above and beyond the values of the world.  I dream of a world where God's grace, love and justice reign over the power of sin in the world.  I dream of a world where all Christians would be united in Christ so strongly and love each other so deeply that the world may know the good news about Jesus Christ.  

Till Tomorrow...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment