Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pick Two

Hi friends,

Today's challenge was to pick two of the following and do them:
  • Have a conversation with the oldest person in your neighborhood
  • Plant a flower
  • pay for someone else's lunch
  • pray with someone who is hurting or sick
  • cook a meal with friends
 I first one I did was to pray with someone who was hurting.  Right before evening church tonight a man walked into our church who has had a terrible four weeks.  His wife had a battle with cancer and got addicted to prescription drugs.  Then this weekend a man brought him to Olathe for a couples days worth of construction work and ended up not giving him the work and leaving him with no way home.  So a person from our church and I gave him a ride home and prayed with him. 

I'm praying God will help comfort him during this difficult time in his life.  Please pray for him to as you remember his story.

The second one I did was to plant a bunch of mums on our back patio.  You can check them out in the above picture.  They certainly give the back patio a little color.  The flower reminds me how beautifully God clothes the flowers in the world.  If God clothes them so beautifully even though they are here today and gone tomorrow...I know he'll help provide all we need.  Often times he uses people like you and me to provide for the needs of others since God's blessed us to be a blessing. 

What's the "pick two" on the menu of your relationship with Jesus today? 


Till Tomorrow...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment